I’m Anna Wickham. Welcome to my website.
You are here because you are seeking an extraordinary life. Perhaps you have always known you were destined for more than the status quo. Or maybe it just hit you recently that the life you’ve been living is not the life you want after all. You may not know what you want yet, but you are starting to get a vague idea and you definitely know what you do not want.
Here’s what you know:
- You want to live life on your own terms, not terms that were given to you by someone else.
- You have big dreams to do your small part to change the world and positively affect people’s lives. You’re just not sure exactly how to get there yet.
- You are destined for more: more influence, more money, more fulfillment, even more time in your life to spend with those you love or doing what you always dreamed of doing, like traveling the world.
Regardless of how you arrived on this page, you arrived here for a reason. Whether you’re looking for the skills to market your business online or you’re looking for inspiration on your journey, you’ve come to the right place.
To get started right away with the resources you need, I created this “start here” page just for you. Think of it like your little assistant that’s there to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
What This Website is About
This website is designed to be a resource for those who are looking for more passion and fulfillment in their life and career. Whether you have dreamed of traveling the world, working for yourself, spend more time with your family and doing what you love, or just learning the personal skills you need to be happier and more content exactly where you are now, you’ll find free resources for it here. This site offers inspiration and tools for you to find your journey to self-fulfillment and ultimately, happiness and joy.
Who I Am
I know exactly how you feel because I have been there myself. I spent many years trying to delay the status quo life of unfulfilling work and empty happy hours – until I finally realized I didn’t have to defer that life temporarily. I could defer it permanently and live a totally different life altogether. I could make a difference, help people directly, and live life on my own terms.
Here’s are some of my favorite adventures:
- I became an entrepreneur in 2014 with no experience, no business degree, and no money.
- My business allowed me to live and work anywhere in the world.
- I have lived in 5 different countries in the last 8 years and traveled to many more.
- I have a masters degree in musicology, where I wrote my thesis on the influence of West African culture on Pentecostal church music. I like to think of this as a source of “passive fulfillment”: I don’t study or teach music, but my academic contribution still aids in musicological research.
- I have been featured in Business Insider, BBC Capital, Thought Catalog, Elite Daily, and others.
- These days I have a job that I absolutely love, several sources of passive income, and I coach other 20- and 30-somethings who lack fulfillment in their work, helping them find the passionate career and life they deserve.
I first lived abroad in 2008 when I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia. I quickly became addicted to experiencing different places and different cultures. I realized immediately that I wanted a life that allowed me to see the world more than 2 weeks out of the year. I wasn’t sure if it was possible, so I figured I would get all this traveling “out of my system” early in life before resigning to being stuck in one place.
When I graduated from college in 2010, I wanted to go abroad but didn’t have any money. So, I took a job teaching English in South Korea, where I lived for a year and a half. While there, I was able to travel all over Asia for the first time, including to Thailand, Bali, Cambodia, Japan, and more.
In 2012, I backpacked through South America, fulfilling a dream of mine to see this beautiful part of the world. My trip included exploring the Amazon Rainforest, seeing Machu Picchu, and taking part in Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I moved to Tucson, Arizona to earn a master’s degree in musicology from the University of Arizona. I figured it was time to “buckle down” and at least start on the road to a traditional career. I graduated in 2014. But by the time I graduated, I had decided that being a professor wasn’t a good fit for me after all. I had to start from square one.
I figured it would be easier to become self-employed than it would be to find a job. Plus, I was determined to find a working arrangement that allowed me to keep exploring the world. So, I became a freelance blogger for small businesses.
In September 2014, I got the opportunity to take part in an “internship” of sorts that allowed me to live rent-free at a resort on a remote Philippine island. While there, I also worked on my budding new location independent content marketing agency, Charm House. I lived in the Philippines for 5 months.
Eternally a city girl, I left the beautiful Philippines in 2015 and spent 10 months living in Saigon, Vietnam – the energetic, bustling urban center that was one of the first global hubs of “digital nomads,” those laptop entrepreneurs who can work from anywhere there is an internet connection. There, I grew my business and met other digital nomads from around the world.
At the end of 2015, I decided to make a home base in Oklahoma City, my hometown. I retired from the digital nomad life.
In 2017, I transitioned from the full-time entrepreneurial life and got a full-time job at an Oklahoma City-based startup as marketing manager. I also became inspired to finally officially do the work that I was put on earth to do: to help others do the same thing as me by rejecting mediocrity and the status quo while embracing a adventurous, fulfilled, balanced, content, and passionate life and career.
Along the way, I figured out a few things that have continued to be my drive and motivation for everything I do:
- Don’t wait for someone to give you permission to achieve your dreams.
- Don’t wait for the right time to chase your dreams. It will never come.
- If you can imagine something, you can make it happen.
- Traditional life scripts, such as the notion that you can’t have it all or that “no one” is happy in their career, are just excuses for not doing the things you have always dreamed of. They are barriers that don’t exist.
- We each have a life purpose that will help us feel fulfilled and happy, and feel that we are making a difference in the world.
- It doesn’t matter where you are in the world. Happiness and fulfillment are right where you are. If you don’t feel fulfilled in this country, you won’t feel fulfilled somewhere else. This means happiness is available to you wherever you might be right now.
- Your purpose does not depend on something out of your reach that you can’t have.
How to Get Started
If you are ready to embrace a more passionate life and career, here’s how to get started:
- Anna’s free resources – why not get started by grabbing the free goodies on this site?
- The “Start Here” page – everything you need to inspired and equipped for a more passionate life and career.
- Anna’s YouTube channel – Check out all Anna’s YouTube video library of life and career development tips.